Users of our website, integrated online services and portals
As users of our website, integrated online services and portals we process the personal data that you actively and voluntarily provide us with, for example, by contacting us or registering to use services offered by us.
Such data may include your name, your contact details (usually business details), such as your mailing address, e-mail address and phone number, your access data for using services on our website that are subject to registration, as well as information about your request, your contracts with us, projects, and your interests.
We also collect and process technical connection data sent to us by the device being used by you (such as your IP address, browser type, data and time of your query) and set cookies. Click here for more information about cookies.
Information on the processing of the personal data of children
To protect children, Hitex has decided not to process data from persons under the age of 13 (children). Visitors under the age of 13 should therefore not make their data available to Hitex, in other words, not use the areas in which personal data such as name and address are required.
Business partners are all parties with whom Hitex maintains an active business relationship or with whom it is initiating such a relationship. In particular, contact persons at customers, prospective customers, suppliers, sales partners and service providers are affected by the processing of personal data.
We process personal data that we receive from you through use of one or more of the following channels:
- Existing business relationships
- Visits to trade fairs, attendance of events
- Use of our website, integrated online services and portals
Such data may include your name, your business contact details, such as your mailing address, e-mail address and phone number, payment information, information about your request, your contracts with us, your projects and your interests.
Purpose for processing the data
We process your personal data in particular to
- deal with your queries, orders, applications, etc.,
- prepare, conclude and/or implement contracts,
- enable you to use our website, integrated online services and portals,
- plan and stage events,
- send you newsletters and further marketing information,
- ensure the safety of Hitex facilities and our website through appropriate technical and organizational measures,
- protect our products against security risks and criminal activities, and
- enable the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
We process your personal data on the basis of one or more of the following legal grounds:
- To perform a contract with you.
- To comply with legal obligations.
- To safeguard Hitex’s legitimate interests. Hitex has legitimate interests in processing your data for the following purposes:
- To provide, operate and improve the website, integrated online services and portals.
- To initiate and conduct business relationships.
- To comply with industry and other standards that Hitex has voluntarily subjected itself.
- To establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
To process your personal data for the distribution of newsletters and other marketing information, we ask for your consent, which you may revoke at any time without having to state a reason.
Transfer of your Data
If you have given your consent, or we are otherwise legally entitled to do so, we may forward your personal data to other entities of the Hitex Group or to third parties, especially to selected service providers, distributors, partners, and sales representatives.
If data is transferred to third countries where there is no adequate level of data protection, we ensure that your data is protected adequately by concluding agreements in compliance with data protection requirements.
Your personal data is transferred to government institutions and authorities only if stipulated by national legislation.
Length of time for which your data is stored
Your personal data is retained only for as long as it is required for the specified purposes, unless there are more extensive statutory or contractual retention obligations (such as retention obligations under commercial and tax law).